Sunday, November 4, 2012

better late than never: nablopomo 2012



I'd like to thank Hurricane Sandy for me being late to the party for NaBloPoMo this year.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by Sandy. I can't believe the devastation and destruction I'm seeing on TV.

Our brush with Sandy resulted in losing power for a few days. They were the longest three days of my life. I'm not a roughing-it kind of girl, so put me in a house with no power or access to anything electronic and you'll have one bat-shit crazy girl by the end of the day.

Oh, and my office was closed as well with the servers and email down.

My days went something like this:

Ask divine beings for our power back.
Keep wood on the fire for warmth and light.
Eat.
Eat some more.
Cart every electronic we own to my parents' house to charge.
Boil water to wash dishes.
Drink and eat again.
Go to sleep at 8:30.
Wake up at 5:30am and start all over again.

Some super exciting days.

So without power, not only did I forget to start NaBlo, I didn't even realize that it was November.

But here I am. And you got me starting today until November 30!

Teaser! Things to look forward to in this month's posts: a wedding, a senior bus trip to the outlets, Thanksgiving and my high school reunion.



No comments: