Figured out blogger for the iPad! Thankfully you all no longer have to suffer through 375-word blog titles posing as posts.
I'm on vacation this week, so of course I woke up at 6am yesterday, and at 3:37am today. My inner clock is awesome like that.
Today we have a memorial mass for Mr. KK's grandmother, Helen. Today would have been her 92 birthday. I hope she approves of all the changes we're making to her house. I can hear her now, "An orange stove? Really?" (that would have been in italics, but I don't know where those are yet)
And tomorrow Mr. KK and I are headed for an overnight getaway to the casino. Since we are on our "saving money crusade" (and btw, it should really be called "spend no money crusade" because really, we're not saving shit between my reduced salary, renovating the house and how loosey-goosey we have to be with our credit cards (new toilets don't grow on trees!)
And speaking of new toilets, we bought one on Sunday. Have you ever shopped for a new toilet? H, there is little more thrilling than standing in the aisle at Home Depot discussing the flush pressure and seat height of ye old crapper. Should we get white, or white? Fascinating!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Monday, December 20, 2010
Saturday, December 18, 2010
So here I am, just before dawn, sitting in the dark of my house, on the Saturday before Christmas. I'd like to say it's quiet, except Vito is sitting on the rug staring at my expectantly, emitting little cries that say "I'm hungry!" and "I have to poop!"
Today is officially my first day of my holiday vacation. I do not have to return to work until the Monday after Christmas.
What started out as a bunch of days seemingly filled with nothingness, has turned into a jam-packed week.
Today is our annual family cocktail party. We almost cancelled, due to the economy and the fact that I already packed away all of holiday serveware months ago with the prospect of moving. But it just didn't feel right to have a year go by and not have everyone over. We already didn't get a tree this year (it just makes the room look small...and we're trying to sell our house!), and I couldn't imagine skipping yet another holiday tradition.
On tonight's menu:
• roasted shrimp cocktail
• scallops wrapped in bacon
• beef empanadas
• mini blue cheese twice-baked potatoes
• pulled pork sliders
• greek salad skewers
• cheese and olives
And the featured cocktail is the White Grapefruit Cosmopolitan – a delicious mixture of grapefruit vodka, triple sec, lime juice and white cranberry juice, garnished with a few floating cranberries. It's beautiful and festive.
Also on tap for this week:
• Vito's manicure at the vet. This should prove to be a fun day, considering my little pup HATES having his nails clipped. BONUS: we also have to work in time for a bath, since he inevitably poops himself (literally scares himself shitless) every time.
• seeing the third Focker installment with both families. Mr. KK took both sets of parents to see "Meet the Fockers" a few years ago, and the tradition will continue. "Meet the Parents" is still my favorite movie of all time. ('I have nipples, Greg. Can you milk me?')
• memorial mass for Mr. KK's grandmother on her birthday. A good time to tell her how much we miss her, and how different (and awesome!) her house looks.
• a little over-night getaway to the casino. We haven't been in almost a year, as we've been trying to not spend any money. But this little trip makes a perfect Christmas gift to each other, and a $69 hotel room doesn't hurt either.
• and, oh yeah, Christmas shopping. Probably about time I started doing some of that!
Off to get my pork butt in the crock pot!
Posted by kk at 6:06 AM
Friday, December 10, 2010
Right now I'm doing everything I can to procrastinate calling a candidate and telling him that I just found out today was his last day of work.
NOT the call you want to make on a Friday afternoon...or ever, for that matter.
Did I mention he has a newborn at home?
(did I mention I'm procrastinating by drinking???)
Posted by kk at 6:23 PM