Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Holy crap, guys!

Seven years ago (2006 for those of you who don't want to do the math) my laptop died, and along with it was the novel I was writing.

I was an idiot back then and never backed anything up, so I lost everything.

It took me MONTHS to get over this. I still get teary-eyed thinking about it.

Well, the other day I was looking through old emails and I FOUND A DRAFT OF MY NOVEL in an email.

HOLY CRAP, RIGHT???

It's not the most recent version I had (which was MUCH longer) but it's 182 Word doc pages of something.

Oh.
My.
God.

So of course I started reading it, and rewriting everything in my head. The best part was that technology has advanced so much since then, that some of what I had written is SO out of date.

I think it's time to dust it off and see if I could make something of it.

Stay tuned!