In honor of my mother's birthday, I'd like to share the top 10 things I love about her:
1. She calls emails faxes (as in, "I just got that fax you sent, I'm printing it out now").
2. She rates restaurants on their bread.
3. She packs 10 pairs of shoes for a vacation and only wears 3.
4. She mispronounces everything: rotissarary (rotisserie), calabatta (ciabatta bread) and Klamatas (kalamata olives).
5. She uses the imaginary passenger side "brake" when I'm driving.
6. She can eat a pound of pasta and not gain an ounce.
7. She makes the best pignoli cookies on the planet.
8. She will go out of her way to do a favor for you.
9. Every year she hates the Christmas tree she picks out once it goes up.
10. She has passed on to me her strength, compassion and spider veins (kidding, Mom!)