Friday, June 8, 2012

friday randomness

Happy Friday, y'all! 

The rain in the northeast has finally ceased for 7 minutes and the sun.is.out. That is reason enough for celebration.

Because it's so nice out my attention span is not up to par, so instead of a poetically written long post, I have some snippets that should get you through your Friday.

We went to a beer fest in Boston last weekend. For 3.5 hours we drank our way around the World Trade Center. 100 craft brewers, 560 beers (or something like that, I lost count after my 7th double IPA). After the beer fest - because we're old - we knew that we had to keep drinking or we'd go to sleep. So off to two more beer bars it was! By the end of the night, I looked like this:


Did I mention it was raining cats, dogs, elephants and any other animal you can think of? NOTE: this girl didn't need more beer.

To pay for my beer addiction affinity, I have come up with the next BIG IDEA for a tv show. It's a take-off on Hoarders, except it's about CAR Hoarders. I found the first person to feature on this new series at my local grocery store:


Qualifications include - but are not limited to:
  • a back seat that looks like a Goodwill donation bin
  • a year's worth of fast food bags, containers and food particles
  • an unhealthy number of stuffed animals
  • a collection of paper that when added up could rival the number of trees in the Redwood Forest
I confirmed yesterday what I've known for years: I HATE linen. Sure, it's a cool option in the summer heat, but so are skirts.

Yesterday I went shopping during the afternoon (I got to leave the office in the middle of the day! I know, right???) And against my better judgement, I tried on a pair of white linen pants. 


You know what you can't see in this online photo of the pants? That when you put them on, you can see your pubic hair through them. 
(So, no, I didn't buy them)

Now go and drink too much beer and wear see-through pants.

No comments: