Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Apparently my new year's resolution wasn't to blog more

Well, it's 2011. It feels a little late to bore you little with my resolution blog (which would consist of: do more things for myself, find more time to write, and sell my house...and not necessarily in that order).

But I will ask you to have a drink for me, because Mr. KK and I are on the wagon. January is detox month. And besides my longing for white cranberry martinis, ice cold beers in frosty mugs, and glasses of wine by the fireplace, I hardly miss drinking at all.

(perhaps my new year's resolution is to be more sarcastic. That I can do no problem)

Our house renovation project is slowly coming to a close. Besides our countertops, the big stuff is pretty much done. It's the small, annoying, time-consuming stuff that's left. When we went toilet shopping a few weeks ago, I thought nothing could be worse. Then I spent four hours on Sunday filling in nail holes in door and window trim with putty and my finger. Now THAT'S what I call a fun weekend. Between that and no drinking, Mr. Kk and I really know how to live it up.

And I wish I had the strength to tell you about our actual new year's eve, when Mr. KK's friends invited us over, then two weeks later made other plans to go out. WTF? I hate to complain, because it was a blessing in disguise. I wasn't feeling well, and we got to stay in and cook a yummy supper and drink and play games by the fireplace. It was a really nice way to end a really shitty year. And I'm sorry, but can someone politely ask Dick Clark to retire? I love America's Teenager as much as the next guy, but watching him is tough. I think even Ryan Seacrest can take over the countdown.

2011 is already shaping up to be an exciting year. We're buried under 18 inches of snow, giving me yet another day off. I made 2 placements at work this week. My grandmother is turning 90 in a few weeks. 2010 is just a distant memory. And I like it like that.

Happy new year, almost a fortnight late!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Rebecca Dot Com said...

:) ...glad to see u blogging again! :)