Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's always something...

This Sunday is my grandmother's surprise 90th birthday party. Coincidentally, it is also my other grandparents' 68th anniversary (how did my grandmother put up with my grandfather all those years? That is another post in itself!)

Using their anniversary as the decoy seemed a perfect plan, so my mother called up my grandmother yesterday.

MOM: "Rose, we are going to take my parents out to dinner on Sunday for their anniversary, would you like to come?"

GRAM: "No, thank you. I think I'm going to stay home. I would feel weird going, it's their celebration."

What the...?

MOM: "Rose, you have to come! They would be disappointed if you weren't there."

GRAM: "No, I think I'll pass."

Pass? I don't think so.

Who do you think my mother's next phone call was to?

MOM: "KK, you need to convince your grandmother to go on Sunday. She is NOT staying home, and we are NOT ruining the surprise."

Everyone knows when it's time to bring in the big gun. I just wish I had this amazing power to close deals at work. Perhaps I should start placing 90-year old ladies.

(She's coming, BTW)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: