Monday, April 19, 2010

officially older...and exhausted

I am now officially on the older half of my 30s. I passed the 35 hump on Thursday, while on a business trip in Battle Creek, MI. My mother, who loves to celebrate birthdays, insisted that we go out for dinner on Friday night.

MOM: "You didn't get to celebrate your birthday at all!"

KK: "What do you mean? I had margaritas and nachos in the Detroit airport!"

(I'm semi-kidding here...the nachos were actually pretty good...)


So my "birthday" weekend consisted of dinner with my parents that included yummy martinis, changing over my closet to my spring and summer clothes, painting the trim in the bathroom (do I know how to live it up, or what?), and brunch at the Cheesecake Factory (have you had their brunch? It's to die). And I don't want to forgot the joint trip to the grocery store (Mr. KK really knows the way to my heart).

But perhaps this photo really captures the excitement of the weekend:

(Apparently when you turn 36 you start needing lots of naps. At least that's what the puppies said.)

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Happy Birthday KK! Sorry you were out of town on your actual birthday but glad you got to celebrate with some martinis! I'm also a huge fan of naps... naps are so much better than staying out late and being hungover the next day. Did I really just admit that?!

The Sorority said...

I am loving Vito's face on your leg while you nap. I cannot tell you how many times Arthur and I have napped the same way!

Lori Whitwam said...

That's how I spend every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. Except for this recent freakish need to bake and by Converse chucks in every known color. OK, that's an exaggeration. So far I only have purple and turquoise, but my Kohl's card got maxed. So I have to acquire said chucks slowly. Also... I'm 45, so I probably need more "nap on the Sofur with the dogs" time than you do. :-)

unionknight said...

I liked your lead up to 36.
Happy B-Day.
Even though the 30's are slipping, the forties aren't bad either.
Naps are optional.
So are the margarita's