Friday, October 10, 2008

Just One More Reason Why I Hate That I Have To Work Everyday

Giada DeLaurentis of Food Network fame, is doing a meet and greet book signing at a bookstore in CT today!

I LOVE Giada!

Because of my weird obsession with The Food Network, I have also turned my father-in-law and my dad into big Giada fans as well. (I'm not quite sure how much of a culinary education they are getting, however, since my father will usually comment more on Giada's tight tops than her tortellini.)

If I couldn't be there, I had to have some member of the family represent. So my in-laws are going today to meet Giada (jealous!).

Last night both sets of parents were over for dinner (I'm the one that likes to cook! I should meet Giada!) and this was the conversation:

DAD: "So you think she'll be wearing one of her low-cut shirts?"

FATHER-IN-LAW: "I'm hoping she's wearing NO shirt!"

They laugh like two teenage boys.

(insert Mom and Mother-in-law eyerolling)

I'm worried my father-in-law might try to kidnap Giada, and we'll have to explain where there's a topless Food Network star in our basement.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Tight tops and tortellini... excellent alliterative tie-in! :-)
Maybe they'd like her even better if they did a LITERAL "Naked Chef," and she was it.

Andy said...

OK, sadly, I think like your dad. Because she always has cleavage showing, for no real reason. And I can't look away. She plays it perfectly- just show enough to make them want to come back. Plus, she likes Radiohead.

BillyWarhol said...

LOLLLLL a friend just mentioned her*

Sex + Souffles Sell*******

;)) Peace*

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Giada is not only a great cook, but effortlessly gorgeous, too. Have you noticed that?! And how can she stay so teeny tiny? NOT FAIR.

Her hubbs is like some fashion executive, too.

Is a great cook AND gets cool clothes?!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Aw wow! Too bad you didn't get to go! I love Food Network, it is on my TV 24/7. Giada is so great. I love how polite and quaint she seems. I wish she would come to my hometown! I just joined her website/email list. You should too, it was just updated and really informative and fun!

(Sorry for the late post...I'm just catching up from last week)

There was an error in this gadget