- Tell everyone at work that you MUST leave for an appointment at 5:30. FIVE THIRTY. 5-3-0.
- Call and confirm said appointment.
- Have completely insanely crazy day at work; stare incredulously at the clock that reads 5:25.
- At 5:43, still be at your desk.
- Finally leave. Forget computer cord and go back. Forget to shut light and go back.
- Seek an alternate route because your usual highway is shut down.
- Get caught behind the slowest driver in America as soon as you pull out of the parking lot.
- Somehow manage to find slowest driver in America's cousin on the highway. Follow him. Closely. Applaud when he moves over.
- Sit in ridiculous traffic due to accident re-route.
- Remember while driving that you don’t have any change for a tip. (Because the salon no longer allows you to put a tip on your credit card. WTF?)
- Scour the armrest for quarters.
- Emerge with only $1.50. Go back in for dimes.
- Debate calling and telling them you’re running late. Remember all the times they made YOU wait, and decide against it.
- Take the turn into the parking lot on two wheels. Park like an idiot.
- Smooth hair and walk in, head held high.
- Dump $4.00 in quarters, dimes and nickels on the counter and smile.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
How To Guarantee You'll Be Late For An Appointment
Posted by kk at 10:28 PM