Thursday, February 26, 2009

Oh, You Make Me Weak

((Guess where I am at 9pm on a Thursday night? Did you guess work? Because if you did, then you win a prize. If you guessed 'at home on the couch watching The Office', then you just made me shed a tear of longing. If you guessed 'jail' then you obviously don't know about my aversion to group showers.))

There's nothing like being at work late and having the halls be as lively and filled as if it were the middle of the afternoon.

Of course late nights working mean ordering dinner in, which leads to KK eating food she shouldn't be eating.

Which brings me to the topic of ordering food (it's always about the food with me. i can't help it).

COWORKER: "I ordered the same thing you did – antipasto salad."

KK: "It's really yummy. Wait, I thought you didn't eat meat?"

COWORKER: "I don't. I'll take off the prosciutto [which should be a crime in itself] and the olives. Someone had this salad last night and once I saw the artichokes on it I was sold."

I am so guilty of this.

Except it's not artichoke hearts.

It's avocado. Or guacamole. Or avocado crema. Or anything made with that delicious, creamy green fruit.

I'm a sucker for anything on a menu with avocado on it. I could not like 3 other things in the dish, but once I see the word "avocado" in the description, I can't even read about any other menu items.

It makes me order things I normally wouldn't.

It makes me, more often than not, disappointed with my meal.

It's a sickness.

I need my very own form of AA.


2 comments:

Julie Dunlap said...

Avocado rocks the free world!

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I do love avocado, too...but I just got back from a week in Mexico and ate guacamole two times a day/every day and now I'm kinda sick of it...

Give me a week and I'll be back on it, I'm sure.

Happy Weekend!