Thursday, May 22, 2008

WTF FOX???

So, last night was the finale of American Idol.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who is pissed off right now.

The DVR was set to record Idol because I was working late. I wanted to watch it when I got home from work, whenever that was. I didn't want to know who won. I didn't visit any websites after 9:45pm. I didn't want to talk to any coworkers that cheated and found out the winner.

I started watching Idol – which could have been called Syesha's Hip Shakin' Show – around 11:45pm. Basically the show was a fast-forwarding exercise. Seriously, Fox, 2 hours??? For a 2 minute announcement? Ridiculous.
(On a side note, Donna Summer looked fabulous – her skin in crazy amazing.)

So we get the end of the show, and Ry Guy is talking and talking and talking (he thankfully downplayed the makeup compared to the previous evening).

Finally he says, "And the winner of American Idol 2008 is...DAVID..." Click.

And then my DVR shut off.

Because Fox thinks it's fun to run a minute long.

I was NOT laughing at 12:45am, that's for sure.

(hey, congrats, David Cook. I knew you were going to win. Unfortunately, I had little David in the pool at work, so I'm out $120. No new shoes for me.)

kk out


No comments: