I'm never good with New Year's resolutions.
For example, we are 8 months into this year, and I'm yet to lose any weight, eat any better, drink any less or be any more organized.
So I was thinking maybe I'd be better off making "life changes" now, at the beginning of August. I wouldn't call them resolutions, because then I probably wouldn't do them. But with everything that has gone on in my life lately, it seemed like the perfect time to start making some changes.
So they are, in no particular order:
• start my novel. I've actually already done this (yes, Lori, I swear I have!). I have only 3 pages written, but it's something. and something is better than nothing.
• back my shit up. yes, you'd think I would have done this a year ago, but I didn't. I'm going to do it this month. Promise.
• make more time for me (and Mr. KK). that means spending more time at home, which means maybe saying "no" once or twice at work.
• be more organized. I say I will do it every year. but I'm going to be late with one of my best friend's birthday card, and that's a no-no. I try to NEVER be late with stuff like that. it's too important. but here I am, mailing it the day of. I'm so ashamed.
• revamp my ipod. well, i'm going to try. I will resurrect an old library that I have on my home computer (that has only like 300 songs, but it's better than nothing...). plus, my work buddies have promised to share all of their songs...so that should get me rockin' in no time.
• be a better blogger. I WILL do this. Whatever it takes: novel excerpts, rants about coworkers, grocery lists...
• keep up with my google reader. just because i don't comment, or am a "follower", that doesn't mean I'm not reading and keeping up. think of me as the small, silent type.
• maybe...MAYBE...maybe submit a video for The Next Food Network Star. No pressure and no promises.
Those are the big ones...I'll keep you posted and look forward to your encouragement along with way.