MR. KK: "I'm feeling like a millionaire."
ME: "Do we have the chance to be millionaires?"
And then Mr. KK produces a Powerball ticket.
Corny, but tradition.
NOTE: we are yet to be millionaires.
However, I have requested one extra ticket for tonight's drawing, which is for $250 million big ones.
I mean, of course we won't win, for a variety of reasons:
- We're not a middle-aged bowling team from Minnesota
- Our "house" does not have wheels
- We don't live in a town called "Winner, North Dakota", "Lucky, Texas" or "Shot In Hell, Tennessee"
- We're not on our very last dollar
- We're not a union of factory workers looking to escape carbon monoxide poisoning
- We have all of our teeth
- We don't use the underside of our mattress to stash our savings
- We are not both married AND related to one another
- We are not purchasing our tickets with the spare coins we found in the seat of our beat-up Ford pick-up
- We don't own a shotgun
I have two words for those people: What-ever!
If (when) I win, my life will change drastically:
I would quit my job
I would give away millions to family and friends
I would avoid the paparazzi
I would "work" as a writer, and finally have the time to write my novel
I would build my dream house, with my dream kitchen
I would buy a house in Boston
I would buy a house in Napa
I would travel for a whole year: Fiji, Italy, Machu Picchu, Mexico
I would pay for a cancer wing at Dana Farber in Boston
How about you guys? What would you do with $250 million dollars???