Wednesday, December 2, 2009

if you don't like it, take it up with my band

I was thinking the other day how cool it would be if we could all have theme songs.

And you could have different theme songs for your different actions or moods. When you walk into a room, your theme song starts playing. Like in the movies.

Imagine this scenario...

The setting: work

I'm marching down to my boss's office, resignation in hand.

As I enter his office, the beginning bars of Daughtry's "No Surprise" start to rise up.

ME: "I think it's time for me leave COMPANY."

(and the song starts...)

"I've practiced this for hours, gone round and round

And now I think that I've got it all down
And as I say it louder I love how it sounds
Cause I'm not taking the easy way out
Not wrapping this in ribbons
Shouldn't have to give a reason why..."

ME: "It's been real. KK out."

"It's NO SURPRISE I won't be here tomorrow

I can't believe that I stayed till today
Yeah you and I will be a tough act to follow
But I know in time we'll find this was NO SURPRISE"

Seriously, this scenario gives me chills.

What would your theme song be?

5 comments:

D-Nice said...

Theme song for T-Bear =
"Good Times" by Chic

Lori Whitwam said...

I'll have to give that one some thought... but we can be fairly certain it will be by Cross Canadian Ragweed. :-)

Little Ms Blogger said...

I love that you have quitting fantasies.

Right now, I can't get passed the pain in my ear and have no song for that.

Bathwater said...

I totally agree with this "Ally McBeal" idea. When I was going through my divorce my them song was "Cowboy" by Kid Rock.

I'll have to decide what my current one is good idea!

Natalie said...

can i just say how much i love your blog? i have no idea how i even found it, it's been a long time, but you crack me up:)