Monday, January 9, 2012


Well, we survived the bar crawl. And we were very respectful and didn't wake anyone up.

It was a lot of fun, and I was dressed perfectly. We even spent some time on the top deck of the ferry. It was 58 degrees, about 40 degrees warmer than it normally is this time of year. The day consisted of brews, bitchy bartenders and a bar that smelled like a toilet. So all in all, a good day.

This morning marked the first day I got up and went to the gym before work. And it was jam-packed with resolutioners. Since I technically joined the gym before January 1, I don't consider myself in that category. It doesn't matter that today was my first day. I joined in January, bitches!

Yesterday I took the necessary time to make sure my bags were packed. I'll be right next to work, so too far to come home if I forgot something important, like underwear or shoes.

I got up before the alarm, and snuck out of the house without waking up Mr. KK and Vito.

I was 5 minutes down the road when I realized I forgot my computer. A quick turn-around and I was back on the road.

I was 20 minutes into my trip when I realized I forgot my coat. I was only wearing my fleece over my workout clothes. Oh well. Too late to turn back now.

It always takes some time adjusting to a new gym, especially when you're showering there. First off, I tried out 3 treadmills until I found one where the TV (and sound) was in working order. I ran my two miles (woo hoo!) and proceeded to locker room. This is usually where things take a turn for the worse.

Surprisingly, the showers were all empty when it was time to get ready. I quickly learned who the exhibitionists are; those women who not only walk around naked, but talk to you while naked, blow dry their hair while naked, and put on their makeup while naked.

I got ready in record time (it's amazing how quickly you can get ready when there's not a puppy who's so cuddly he just begs you to give him belly rubs. And breakfast. And a walk.


Because it's January, and because my body got used to consuming ridiculous amounts of alcohol each week during the holidays, I'm back on the wagon. Not cold turkey like last year. More like, reducing the intake to only weekends.

My money's on me. Unless I have a bad day at work. Or there's a tap takeover at our favorite bar. Or it's a Tuesday...


Week 2 back in the old gig.

It's slowly coming back to me.

The bike isn't so bad.

No comments: