Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Four Whole Days Of Nuthin'

Hey, it’s 4th of July weekend!

(I’m having a slightly hard time accepting this because I don’t even know where June went. I mean, I know it happened, because it’s summer and like a million degrees out with 100% humidity, but wasn’t it just Memorial Day???)

My company is kind enough to give us both Thursday AND Friday off to celebrate this year.
(Does this make up for all those nights I’m at work until midnight? Not really.)


So I have 4 whole days to not be at work on the horizon.

What's a girl to do?

Because most of our friends don't live nearby, unless we do lots of traveling, long weekends can be, well…long.

Unless I plan a million things for (my) entertainment.

I'm an antsy girl. I can’t sit on the couch in front of the TV on a Saturday afternoon (especially if it’s nice out!) because I feel like I should be doing something. (Sitting in front of the TV every night after dinner, however, is totally acceptable)

I don’t want to ever find myself saying, “I’m bored!” over the next four days.
(That's not to say I won't be thinking it. Hey, I'm a tough crowd.)

So here’s my laundry list of things that I would like to do this weekend:

• See some fireworks
(NOTE: I’m not a fan of fireworks. But I feel like I HAVE to see them because that’s what you do this time of year. And I don’t mind watching them from REALLY far away, but when people are lighting them off on the street or close enough that I can smell the match? That’s way TOO CLOSE. It scares the crap out of me.)

• Eat a lobster roll
(Mixed with warm butter on hot dog bun – yum!) ((Sorry, mayo, I still love you!))

• Go to the beach
(First time this year! By the looks of my pasty white skin you'd think it was October!)

• Sit by a pool
(With a book. And a margarita.)

• Have my second (and last!) hot dog of the year
(Yes, I’m weird.)

• Exercise
(This is totally happening on Friday morning at 8:30am. I swear.)

• Take Vito for long walks
(aka: try to win back his love after we leave him sad and lonely every day to go off to work.)

• Hang stuff on the walls
(Figured the stuff will look much better on the walls than on the coffee table, radiator and bookshelf)

• Finish one of the books I’ve started
(REALITY: buy 3 new books. I have an addiction. I need help.)

• Hit the mall
(Only if it rains. Or is cloudy. Or dark.)

• See a movie
(Only if it rains. Or is unbearably hot in my house.)

• Nap
(Only if it rains. Kidding!)


Hmm...four days might not be enough.

I think I might need a whole week off!

2 comments:

kolls said...

LUCKY. The only downside to my job (well, there are a couple more but they're minor!) is that if the markets are open, I have to be here, even if it's ridiculously slow! So I'm in the office until three tomorrow. Ugh!

Lori Whitwam said...

We HAD planned some fun pool time but we did that last weekend and now the husband has the Sunburn From Hell and never wishes to see sunlight again. In support of this, I'm hoping to locate a vampire to Change me, and I'll henceforth be a Creature of the Night (but not a Lady of the Evening, as I told my daughter-in-law-to-be).
Enjoy the weekend! I only have three days, but will enjoy them, even if I can only go outside after sunset.