I’ve been a total blogging slacker lately, so if I even have any readers left: Happy New Year, guys!
I feel I’m not alone when asking the question: Where did 2008 go?
I mean, I had bronchitis (twice!), I ended the summer in the oppressive heat in Vegas and then BOOM! it was the holidays, I was drinking my weight in martinis and stuffing my face full of rugelach.
In true January-blogging fashion, I’m going to excite you with my resolutions (that I’ll never keep) for 2009.
(NOTE: I believe I’ve already broken at least one, if not two, of them.)
(DOUBLE NOTE: I tried to keep these realistic. I’m still going to make fun of people, and there’s no way I’m running a marathon.)
KK'S 2009 RESOLUTIONS
• Exercise more patience. Actually, this can be broken up into TWO resolutions:
2. Have more patience.
• Be more organized. Not Sleeping-With-The-Enemy-canned-goods-and-kitchen-towels-organized. More like filing bills and receipts and not leaving them in a humongous pile on the filing cabinet. Or on the radiator. Or on the stairs.
• Spend more time doing things I love. Yes, this is a selfish resolution, but one I feel need to instill. For instance, I LOVE reading. But I never have time to read. Now, I will MAKE TIME to read. (Even if it means not doing other things, like laundry or leaving the house.)
• Try/create one new recipe a week. This week’s recipe: Italian Wedding Soup.
• (Re)start my novel. Check!
• Be a better blogger.
• Get paid to write. Not work stuff. Fun stuff.
THINGS KK WILL STILL DO IN 2009
• Be OCD when it comes to locking doors and cars. (My quote of the year: "Did you beep the car?")
• Want a new kitchen.
• Procrastinate when it comes to cleaning.
• Spend too much money at the grocery store.
• Complain about work.
• Complain when jeans don't fit, then eat 5 slices of pizza.
• Leave Goodwill bags in the trunk for 4 months.
• NOT blog every day, even if I want to. (I'm trying. I promise.)
Here's to a happy and healthy 2009!