Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mom

Sunday morning, 8am

I call my mother. I know it's early, but I also know my mom – she's been up for hours.

MOM: "Hello?"

ME: "Hi, Mom. What's going on today?"

MOM: "I'm just sitting here having tea. Your father is getting ready to go outside and snowblow the driveway. I tell you, when the weather's like this, it's hard to want to go anywhere. Plus, the Giants game is on, and you know how your father is – he can't miss one second of the game. You'd think he part owned the team. So he'll be glued to TV all afternoon. And it's freezing out, I don't even want to leave the house today. Just stay inside where it's warm. Why, what's up?"

ME: "Nothing. I was just wondering if you guys wanted to come over today for dinner."

MOM: "Oooh! We'd LOVE to!"

4 comments:

Tasha said...

That's cute! They'll get out in the snow for your cooking! You should feel special! :-)

Andy said...

She sounds just like my mom.

merely me said...

Ditto!

The Sorority said...

Mom's are the same all over the world! Loved the entry!

There was an error in this gadget