Monday, March 30, 2009

Somebody, hang me out to dry

It was almost a blessing to have to come to work today, because that meant I wouldn't be drinking any more alcohol.

The surprise party was a smashing success – my mother-in-law was surprised and I was smashed.

Case in point:

Yesterday my parents came over for birthday cake and coffee, and my mother walked in with apple turnovers.

I'm a planner; I don't like when people just show up with things.

KK: "What are those?"
MOM: "I brought them for dessert."
KK: "You didn't have to bring anything."
MOM: "I told you last night I was going to bring them and you said it was fine. Don't you remember?"

Wagon? Where are you. I need to jump on.

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Glad to hear the party was a success! Hope the d.t.s aren't too bad this week ;-)

edder said...

Jumping on the wagon is easy, especially if you have a crippling hangover! Staying ON the wagon during the bumpy parts in the road is the tricky part ;-)
Happy to hear the party went well.

The Sorority said...

KK - just had a visit with my inlaws where cocktails start at 4pm every day! My liver cried uncle this weekend also!

Muffy Willowbrook said...

"Wagon? Where are you?"

So funny!

There was an error in this gadget