Despite not winning any money at the casino, I had a great weekend with friends.
And the old saying "You can learn stuff anywhere" is true. (And by "old saying" I mean that I just made it up).
A few eye-openers for me this weekend:
• I can no longer down a greasy cheeseburger and fries at 2am and wake up unscathed
• If you're going to lose your shirt, be sure to wear your best bra (at least one that's not all stretched out)
• You are never too young to start having "senior moments"
• While my 90-year-old grandfather comes off as a crusty old coot to his family, the people he lives with in senior housing have a completely different view of him
• No matter how badly you think you look, there's always someone nearby who looks a zillion times worse
• People-watching should be an Olympic Sport (I'm pretty sure I could bring home the Gold for that one)
• Speaking of Olympic Sports...curling? Really?
• "Date Night" isn't as much fun with Mr. KK's third-wheel coworker
• Guinness is not my thing
• I'm not as mean as I think I am, since I never opened the hotel room door and screamed bloody murder at the imbeciles across the hall WHO NEVER WENT TO SLEEP and instead yelled and slammed doors until we had to get up at 8am
• Some jokes – especially inside ones with good friends – never, ever get old