Next year, some of my besties and I will celebrate our 35th birthdays.
(How I feel about turning 35 will be posted separately. And require tissues.)
So over drinks a few weeks ago we started talking about taking a special birthday trip.
The conversation started like this:
ME: “I think we should try to find somewhere that’s not too expensive.”
DESI: “How about Europe?”
So we kept thinking and drinking (twas the night of many Magners for me!), and as a result of that evening’s conversations, I sent this email:
To: Desi and Tracey
Subject: 35th Birthday Trip
Conversation summary/trip rules:
1. this trip is to be taken some time in 2009.
2. the destination SHOULD BE a place that none of us have ever been to
3. OR it could be a place that the 3 of us HAVE been to...together.
4. this destination is NOT in Europe
5. taking into considering the sad state of the economy, consider a trip within driving distance
6. this trip is most likely a long weekend (think Wednesday to Sunday)
7. when on said trip, there is NO pressure to do a certain activity if you’re not interested
8. there will be no hard feelings if someone doesn’t want to do your activity
9. there will be many photos and a quote board on this trip
10. this trip will be fun!
So I gave the girls a homework assignment (hey, who called the Fun Police?!) to do a little research and come back with a list of 4-5 places they’d be interested in going and why (ie, I MUST get a cheesesteak in Philly; I want my photo with the Lincoln Memorial in DC; I want to hook up with a Latin man in Miami).
So that's where we are.
Hey – any of YOU have any suggestions for a fun place for our 35th birthday bash trip?