In no particular order:
- I was a chore whore. I cleaned the entire house. We’re talking dusting, vacuuming, vacuuming the sofas, cleaning the bathrooms, washing the kitchen floor and doing a bunch of laundry.
- Vito? Still not fond of baths. Remember those cartoons where someone would try to put the cat in an old tin bathtub (Tom & Jerry comes to mind), and the cat would spread out all four legs on the edge of the tub, and the person would be trying to push the cat into the tub, but the cat wouldn’t budge. Well, that was what Sunday morning was like. Except replace the cat with Vito. And replace the tin tub with my deep porcelain tub. And replace “the cat wouldn’t budge” with “Vito trying to hop out of the top every 2 seconds”.
- Yes, Alanis, it IS ironic! Me, in a lighting store, uttering the words: “Good lord it’s so DARK in here!” (Seriously, can’t make it up)
- From the “I’ll Never Learn My Lesson” file: I burned my tongue on Dunkin’ Donuts hot chocolate. AGAIN.
- “Vito, we do NOT gnaw on the Dyson!” Phrase uttered considerably fewer times than normal, as Vito only attacked the vacuum 23 times, down from his usual 45.
- “Wedding Crashers” was on TV again. So I watched it. Again. They had me at the opening credits. (Actually, they had me at the little digital TV guide, five minutes before it started.)
- I indulged in a favorite kk-home-alone-favorite-pastime: reading a magazine while I’m eating! I know, sounds silly, but when you’re not dining alone, some people can find it rude if you sit at the table and READ and completely ignore them. So, being home alone, I read my big, beautiful InStyle while I enjoyed homemade chicken parmesan, completely ignoring a begging Vito.
- Extended deadline? It seems they have extended the deadline to enter into The Next Food Network Star contest. (Read: my chances have gotten even smaller!) When I uploaded my video there were only 5 pages of videos. I actually thought, "Hey, I might have a shot!" Now? When I checked on Sunday there are THIRTEEN pages of videos. Aaah! (So of course I've been viewing my video incessantly like a crazy person...gotta keep up those views!)
(Where's my wine???)