Wednesday, November 30, 2011

11/30 - a momentous day

While today may look like a normal November 30, it's actually quite a memorable day for the KKs.

First, it marks the last day of NaBloPoMo. Which means I have blogged every single day for thirty days. Which means it's the last day I can leave Mr. KK with all of the dirty dinner dishes and the excuse, "I have to write my blog post!" and high tail it out of the kitchen.

Today also marks the anniversary of Yours Truly being cancer free.

(quick pause for any new readers to absorb this bit o' news.)

Yes, bloggy friends, 7 years ago today I underwent invasive surgery that eliminated my cancer.

I have a hard time believing it's been 7 years. Part of me feels like the surgery was yesterday, because I can so vividly remember my recovery in the hospital, the smells, the nurses soft tones, and toting around my catheter. And, yet, the other part of me feels like it was a lifetime ago that I got that phone call from the oncologist, one rainy afternoon in October, and collapsed into a heap of tears on the carpet - one of only 2 times I cried during the entire ordeal.

And here I am today - healthy, and no worse for the wear.

So while November 30 means the end of a month of sharing life's tidbits with you, it will always signify new beginnings to me.

(and who knows, I may keep on daily blogging...if you'll have me!)

3 comments:

melmjm said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I for one am looking forward to day 31!

Anonymous said...

yay 11/30!

DNice said...

LIKE !