You sell your old house.
You renovate your new house.
You move into your new house (oh, let's say 5 months ago...).
You become lazy and would rather go out drinking than stay in painting trim (or weeding the yard, or unpacking boxes, or hanging things on the wall, or...).
But then you realize that Thanksgiving is in two weeks, and you're hosting. And you have a list a mile long of things you'd like to get done in the house before the big day.
Things on that list might include:
1. hang the TV in the living room
2. order the bracket to hang the TV in the living room
3. put up the buffet back splash
4. cut and measure the wood to put up the buffet back splash
5. organize the basement
6. install all 49 kitchen cabinet handles - that is NOT a typo. Forty. Nine.
7. eliminate some bare walls by hanging up framed photos (that are all sitting in a pile on my office floor, ready to go!)
8. finish my office - patch holes, prime and paint the walls and ceiling
9. install the shelving in our closets
And #10 - clean out the garage so we can put our cars in it before it snows (again).
#10 might look something like this:
Lord help me. Let's get some IPA in the fridge for later, stat!