Monday, November 7, 2011

I totally understand why people get depressed

But my GOD it gets dark early!

Today I was a multi-tasking maniac, doing my grocery shopping during my lunch hour. When I was out, it was sunny and beautiful.

I get back to work, and what felt like 10 minutes later, I look up and it looks like midnight outside.

What the...?

When did THAT happen?

I don't understand daylight savings time. Why do we do it? Why don't we politely decline, like Arizona does. A simple, "No thanks, moon, earth and universe, I don't much feel like participating this year."

Sure, I'm no longer driving to work in the dark. But now I'm driving HOME in the dark. And it makes me want to skip all after-work activities and immediately jump into my jammies and cuddle up on the couch. It feels like midnight at 7pm, so the real midnight feels like 4am. It throws off my whole internal clock. Plus, it makes me cranky.

We used to have a clock in our kitchen on which we never changed the time. Six months out of the year, the clock was wrong. But then again, six months out of the year, the clock was right. That's me looking at our laziness with a 'glass half full' mentality.

How am I supposed to find the motivation to exercise when I get home from work, when all I want to do is crawl into bed??

So I'm officially somewhat depressed; that's it's dark at 4pm. that the winter is around the corner. that i'll inevitably be putting on my 'winter weight' in the next few weeks.

I don't want to leave you on this sour note.

So I'll end with a picture of Vito, taken with my new Hipstamatic lens. Old-school debonair:



No comments: