Tuesday, November 3, 2009

cooking with kk – a new WWFS installment!

Now that I have to write 30 posts in 30 days, I was thinking of all the things that I could write about, and food kept coming to the top of the list (this could also be because I'm perpetually starving).

So I started thinking maybe I should keep a record of some of the stuff that I cook at night. And maybe post a new recipe each week?

Would you guys like to get new recipe ideas?

Here's last night's creation:


Shrimp with Roasted Poblano Sauce
Serves 2

Ingredients

For the shrimp:

16 large shrimp, cleaned, shelled and deveined
2 Tbsp. creole seasoning (or chili powder)
salt, pepper and garlic salt
1 Tbsp canola oil

Toss shrimp with oil and seasonings.

Heat saute pan over medium heat. Pour shrimp (and any excess oil in bowl) into pan. Cook on one side until pink, about 3-4 minutes. Turn shrimp once, and continue cooking on second side for 2 minutes. Turn heat off under pan.

For the Poblano Sauce (adopted from Bobby Flay's recipe)
2 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
1 Tbsp honey
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil

Pulse all ingredients EXCEPT oil in a mini food processor or blender until smooth. While motor is running, slowly drizzle in olive oil until creamy.

Side dishes

I made 2 servings of brown rice and seasoned them with salt and pepper. I placed the brown rice in 2 dishes and topped with 8 shrimp each. Drizzle shrimp and rice with poblano sauce.

I also sauteed a bunch of asparagus (with the ends cut off) in 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic salt over medium to medium-high heat for about 10-15 minutes (depending on how al dente you like your veggies).

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! Maybe my husband will be lucky enough to get this next weekend. Don't know if mine would turn out as delicious as yours looks.

Merely Me said...

I dream in Poblanos!

Cyn said...

Can you say YUMMY! You have my mouth watering for shrimp already. I haven't even had breakfast lol