Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I hope I do better at THIS 30-day committment (aka: NaBloPoMo)

About a month ago, I started Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred.

Here's the breakdown on the proposed/actual:

Proposed

Weight loss: up to 20 pounds
Duration: daily for 30 days
Results: shredded

Actual

Weight loss: 3 pounds (wtf???)
Duration: 4-5 times a week for 30 days
Results: dreaded

Okay, I wasn't faithful for 30 days...but add to that the fact that I've been practically starving myself (eating just enough to have the energy to do the stupid workout!). My daily menu consists of a bowl of Special K, a Lean Cuisine/Healthy Choice/salad with chicken for lunch, and protein plus 2 veggies for dinner.

Do I have to run out for new jeans in a smaller size?

No.

Do I want to break out my bikini and wear it around the house because I'm so proud of my rockin' body?

No.

Do I want to go and eat a tray of nachos?

Yes.

6 comments:

Little Ms Blogger said...

I know of a way you can shed some unwanted pounds....Only wear the bikini to work --- this could motivate you to train for a marathon OR go to a tanning booth since it is November.

This is probably one of the reasons I'm not a professional fitness trainer.

Kayla said...

I wanted to try that 30 day shred, would you recommend it?? I'm wanting to lose 13lbs before Christmas which is totally doable! (If I get my head out of my you know what and do something about it! :-) )

Leroy said...

Ahhh!!! I just bought this and TONIGHT was to be night one-level one...I only have 242 days to fit into my wedding dress.

Julie Dunlap said...

Nachos are waaayyy sexier than bikinis anyway!

Cyn said...

Well atleast your motivated. I'm barely wanting to go to my aerobics class... And that's 'cause I'm being graded on it. UGH!

siovhan said...

she is an angry hooker.
and i'm still not convinced she's a great trainer --in video form. and nachos are your friend. she is not. although -- i wish the 20lb thing was true.