Friday, November 13, 2009

mr. kk knows me all. too. well.


So, I've been lusting after a pair of tan Frye Carson Pull Up cowboy boots for SO long.

But even with how much I love shoes, I just can't seem to commit to their $348 price tag. (I know, money should be no object with beauties like these! But I'm half "shoe whore" half "deal finder" so I can't justify paying full price.)

And, since I spend most of my life a day late and a dollar short, I've missed out on getting these boots at a reduced rate TWICE.

The first time was a few months ago, when Piperlime ran 20% off everything on their site. I hesitated too long and then the sale was over.

I swore that would never happen again.

Then, yesterday, I get an email that Nieman's is having FIRST CALL. I check, and lo and behold, they have a pair of Frye Carson SLOUCH boots on sale for $230. They have two sizes: 6 in Tan and a 10 in red. I don't pounce on them, because I'm not sure if the "Slouch" is the same as the "Pull Up" and if I'm going to spend the money then I want it to be the right pair. I start to research the difference, get wrapped up in work, run out early to a client meeting and don't look back. Today I check, and they're gone.

Of course.

Mr. KK knows all about these boots, as I talk about them incessantly. Not the details, just the fact that there's a pair of cowboy boots that I want. That's all he knows.

Today, I get an email from him asking what type of boots they are. I give him the name. And tell him not to buy them.

He then emails me and asks what color I want. I don't tell him and instead command him to to buy them.

He replies with this email:
( if you're keeping of list of reasons why I married Mr. KK, you can add this email to it)

"I would guess either tan, dark brown, or smoke…
dark brown because it’s classic and you need some type of brown boot because you have black boots. Tan because it’s just cool looking, would look good with jeans, and looks like a true cowboy boot. Smoke because it almost seems as though it could go with either brown or black…seems pretty universal…

If I had to pick one, I would say tan."

He's good!

(And he better not buy them!)

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Those boots are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Dear Mr. KK, please buy her those boots. She *NEEDS* them! :-)